Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Friendly Golf Cart Ride

Today I was reminded of the first time I had ever ridden in a golf cart.  Not really sure how old I was but it had to be around ten years ago.  I was with my buddy Cris at his grandparents house for a party.  We had been goofing off all day playing in the pool and eating food when he gets the idea to take the golf cart for a spin.  He asks if we can take it for a ride down the street and we got the okay.  We were warned by his mom not to do anything stupid.

He gets in the drivers seat, I'm in the passenger seat and we start riding around.  We hit the road and start to cruise and everything was nice, until he decided to swerve really quick.  I know what your thinking, I fell out of the seat and got hurt.  No!  At least, not yet.  Instead I slid towards the edge of the seat and Cris goes, "Did I scare you?"  I answer with a, "No."  As I'm adjusting my position by lifting myself up.  As I did this he decided to try again except this time, you guessed it, I fell out of the cart.  Instead of falling out and dropping to the pavement I decided to hang on.  Stupid move on my part.  I thought he would stop.  I was dragged for a few yards, cutting up my back, busting my big toe open, cutting my arm.  It hurt bad, so finally I let go as he realizes what happened and turns around to get me.  Did I mention it was a pool party so I was shirtless, wearing swim trunks, and bear foot at the time?  Yeah.  I get back on the golf cart and we ride back, the whole time thinking of an alibi for why I'm so cut up so that his mom wouldn't find out.  I put on a shirt which covered up the cuts on my back and arm, and when asked about my toe, explained that I tripped when I tried jumping into the pool earlier.

As far as I know his mom still doesn't know about it.  It's still fun for us to joke about.  A lot of stories of me getting hurt happen to have Crisman in them in one form or another.  I'm guessing the same goes for him, after all what good is a friend if you can't egg them on to do something stupid in the first place.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment